Kashmir

2 JNV students mistakenly wash hands with acid in Kulgam, hospitalized

KULGAM — Panic gripped in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya (JNV) school in South Kashmir’s Kulgam district on Friday evening after two of its students suffered burn injuries as they mistakenly wash hands with acid instead of sanitizer.

An official told the news agency Kashmir News Observer that two student identified as Umar Nazir Malik and Umar Fayaz Bhat–both from Damhal Hanjipora area of Kulgam suffered burn injuries in hands as they wash hands with laboratory acid instead of sanitizer.

He said immediately the duo was shifted to District Hospital Kulgam for treatment where from Umar Nazir Mailk was reffered to Srinagar hospital for special treatment.

Meanwhile, police have taken cognizance of the incident. — (KNO)