JAMMU — The Indian Army has reportedly denied media report claiming that a “surgical strike” was carried out across the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir by the forces on Monday (21 August).
A report by Hindi newspaper Dainik Jagran on Tuesday (22 August) claimed that the Indian Army again conducted a surgical strike across the LoC in J&K on Monday night.
According to the report, the Indian soldiers crossed the LoC and entered the Pakistan Occupied Jammu and Kashmir (22 August) from somewhere in between Rajouri and Poonch areas of J&K.
The Indian troops reportedly destroyed four active terrorist launching pads in Nakyal area of PoJK’s Kotli.
The strikes were carried out around 2.5 km inside the Pakistan occupied territory and around 7-8 terrorists were killed during the operation, with no casualties suffered by the Indian troops, according to the Dainik Jagran report.
However, the Indian Army has dismissed the report, saying that no such operation was carried out.
“A news has been published with respect to surgical strike when no such operation has been carried out in Rajouri-Poonch. An infiltration bid was foiled yesterday, for which press release is also given,” the Indian Army said in a statement, Mirror Now reported.
It should be noted that earlier on Monday (21 August) morning, the Indian Army foiled an infiltration bid in J&K’s Poonch district by neutralising two terrorists.
Jammu-based defence spokesperson Lt Col Suneel Bartwal said that an AK-47 rifle with two magazines, 30 rounds, two hand grenades, and Pak-origin medicines were recovered from the spot where the infiltrators were slain. — (Agencies)